CycleStreets for Android now available
CycleStreets, providing cycle routing for the UK, is now available on Android – thanks to our new app. Download it from the Android Market now – for free!
Our OpenStreetMap-based routing, for cyclists by cyclists, is now available on the move, complete with full placefinder, tap-to-set and with turn-by-turn directions.
Brought to you by CycleStreets, the UK-based cycle routing people, run on a not-for-profit basis.
Search for CycleStreets in the Android Market, use this link or use this QR code to download it directly:
Plan cycle-friendly routes from A to B anywhere in the UK!
- Plans routes through the full street and path network, including Sustrans routes and other networks
- Innovative & quick "three taps" system: Set current location, tap the map to set destination, and plan!
- Or search for any location in the UK, including full postcode support and local/national placefinder
- Choice of map styles (including OpenCycleMap showing contours, and Ordnance Survey Street View)
- Turn-by-turn itinerary view
- Choose from different types of routing – fastest/quietest/balanced/shortest
- Easily switch between route types (e.g. quietest to fastest) having planned a route
- Takes account of hills automatically
- Plan journeys up to 200 miles (320km) long
- Routes automatically saved for later viewing
- UK-wide (NB some areas of OpenStreetMap are better than others)
- Share your route to Twitter/Facebook easily
- Routing for cyclists, by cyclists: your input to OpenStreetMap very welcome
Cycle campaigners will love it too: Photomap photo facility
- Need some cycle parking in your area? Take a picture and add it to our Photomap
- Obstruction in the way? Report it! Or found an example of great infrastructure? Add it!
- Share your photo on Twitter/Facebook easily
- Browse the existing library of around 30,000 photos
- Full category and caption support
- Fully-integrated upload with automatic geolocation
- Locations used by campaigners around the UK
- Integrated signin facility
Part of the development of this App has been funded by Cycling Scotland.